Name : C V Raju
District & State : -1, Andhra Pradesh
Category : Utility
Award Function : 2nd National Grassroots Innovation Awards
Award Year : 2002
To strengthen the traditional local knowledge of making vegetative dyes innovator has developed new tools & techniques for increasing shelf life of the dyes. Raju’s experiments have resulted in many new woodware with imparted with vegetable dyes for which market is slowly emerging in India and abroad.
Etikay Exclusives – a feast to the eyes – are stunningly colorful wood lacquer ware from Padmavathi Associates of Etikoppaka, a small village near Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. Product portfolio covers toys, decorative items and utilitarian items.
Recognized by Craft Council of India & INTACH Visakhapatnam for Raju’s contribution towards art & craft • Rewarded “Award of Excellence for Handicraft” for excellent lathe work & quality by UNESCO-CCI, 2008 • Awarded by National Innovation Foundation-India
- Process is Turned wood lacquered craft, “Tharini”:- Application of colored lacquer on wood using lathe
- Products made of soft wood from Ankudu trees (Wrightia tinctoria); colored with vegetable dyed lacquer
- Eco friendly & Non-toxic woodware products containing only vegetable dyes formed from plants and trees
- Wide range of natural colors with amazing luster in woodware possible only because of Raju’s vast domain knowledge
- Unique combination of safety and good aesthetics; 100% Natural instills faith of safety for you and family
- Rich variety of traditional & contemporary designs; company’s core competency in developing designs
- Provides customized woodware which are within manufacturing constraints; assists in product designing