Name : Gurmel Singh Dhonsi
District & State : Ganganagar, Rajasthan
Category : Agricultural (General)
Award : National
Award Function : 6th National Grassroots Innovation Awards
Award Year : 2012
Price : Model 1 (Height of pruning: 11-12 ft): 5,25,000, Model 2 (Height of pruning: 14-15 ft) : 7,25,000 (ex-factory India price + packaging). The price does not include transportation costs, taxes and etc
Delivery Period : One month
Trees and horticulture plants are generally pruned for better growth by cutting the stem, branches, leaves, etc. The task is generally done manually by using knives etc, which is very risky, tiresome and time consuming process. The imported machines are very expensive and mounted on exclusive vehicle for it. No indigenous machine that is suitable and affordable is available for Indian farmers.
Innovator has developed a tractor operated tree pruner which is useful for pruning the trees and can do top dressing as well. The machine is mounted to tractor and gets drive from hydraulic system. It can be attached to any tractor of size 40hp and above. The blades are made of carbon steel. The tractor consumes 3.5-4.0 litre diesels per hour.
Innovator received National Award in Sixth Biennial Competition in 2012 and is supported under MVIF scheme of NIF. Shri. Sharad Pawar facilitated the innovator in 2011 by Union Minister of Agriculture. Innovator has sold 5 Nos.
Indian Patent Applied (No.:662/DEL/2011)
- The machine is mounted to tractor and gets drive from hydraulic system
- Hydraulic motor 15 KW
- Speed at motor 1000 rpm, at intermediate shaft 2000 rpm, at central shaft 3000 rpm and at the blade it is 4200 rpm
- It can be attached to any tractor of size 40hp and above
- The machine can prune trees of height 20 ft (top-down) while keeping blades vertical and can top dress the plants of height 12-15 ft.
- The machine can cover a circle of 10 ft diameter while standing the tractor at one place. It can prune 2000 ft long rows of trees at a spacing of 18-20 ft on both the sides of a road.
- In orchards, it can cover about 200 plants in one hour, spaced at 18-20 ft distance