Name : Mr. Deben Singh
District & State : Imphal, Manipur
Category : Utility
Award Function : 7th National Grassroots Innovation Awards
Award Year : 2013
Price : Price : Rs. 1500/- (ex-factory price + packaging). The price does not include transportation costs, taxes, etc.
Delivery Period : 10 days, for bulk - minimum 30 days for orders of 100 units
The stove addresses the problem of lesser heat production from other available charcoal stove and uses readily available Paddy husk thus reducing the operational cost. The stove also helps areas where the products need to be kept warm for long hours.
It is a cylindrical stove, which a perforated charcoal chamber inside. There is gap of 3-5 inches gap, depending on the size of the stove, between the out encasing wall and the perforated cylindrical chamber inside
Indian Patent Applied For (No. 253/KOL/2010)
- Open the upper lead.
- Place charcoal in the central chamber
- Put paddy husk mixture in the gap between the two walls
- Ignite the charcoal
- Let the paddy husks also burn for 5-8 minutes in an open space
- Do not close the lid until the husks is burnt properly
- Close the upper lid and the stove is ready for use
- Drop a few charcoal pieces as when the heat/burning slows down.
- A qualitative assessment indicate that the amount of heat produced is much higher than other available charcoal stoves (boiling time is less) and at the same the charcoal consumed is less than half of any other charcoal stove available (as reported by users).
- A cycle of burning lasts not less than two hours; therefore it is highly efficient and reduces operational costs. It consumes less than half the charcoal. For a small family, one round of burning is enough to make a meal
- Since paddy husk is available free or in abundance, the availability of raw materials is not a constraint.
- The stove is very easy to use and simple to operate.