Remote control for lights and fan
Name : Bommagani Mallesh
District & State : Nalgonda, Andhra Pradesh
Category : Consumer durables
Award Function : 7th National Grassroots Innovation Awards
Award Year : 2013
Price : Mode 1: CIC: Rs. 700, Model 2: GIC: Rs. 1200 (ex-factory price + packaging). The price does not include transportation costs, taxes, etc
Delivery Period : One Week
Innovators ailing mother could not reach switchboard and with no one at place, she had to compromise with the situation. Realizing the need and potential for wireless control over the switchboard, Mallesh designed this immensely important technology at a low cost in 2004.
This is very simple technology using remote, sensor, software built in ruggedness, which is fixed to the switchboard on the wall.
Sold more than 1000 pieces For the last six years since he started no complain received.
Indian Patent Applied (No. 4667/CHE/2012)
- Weight : 4 kg
- Major and minor diameter of frustum is 8 inch and 4 inch respectively
- Height of frustum is 8 inch
- Frustum material: iron sheet of thickness 22 gauge
- Lots of small holes of sizes 6mm (in zig zag manner) on downward side are provided for allowing entry of oxygen from outside for complete combustion of fuel
- As per a test report by TERI University, New Delhi it has thermal efficiency 23% in cold & hot start and 32 % during simmering
- It is a mobile "chulha" as it is a portable one and easy to handle.
- Low running fuel cost as it enables use of paddy husk as a fuel which is considered useless thing after milling of paddy grain.
- Very cost effective and useful tool especially in rice growing region