Paddy Husk Stove
Name : Ashok Thakur
District & State : East Champaran, Bihar
Category : Utility
Award : Appreciation
Award Function : 7th National Grassroots Innovation Awards
Award Year : 2013
Price : Rs. 650/- (ex-factory price + packaging). The price does not include transportation costs, taxes, etc.
Delivery Period : 10 days, for bulk - minimum 30 days for orders of 100 units
Innovator observed that in his region the paddy husk used to be considered useless and huge amounts of paddy husk is discarded as agricultural waste, since paddy husk is available in plenty but was not used effectively as fuel in the conventional wood stoves. He modified the old stove developed for wood dust so as to use paddy husk as fuel.
It is a portable stove of specific design for using paddy husk as an effective fuel. Paddy husk (around one kg) is spread completely between the outer frustum and cylinder. A fire is ignited with the help of some kerosene oil to the fuel through inner frustum. In few minutes, a good smokeless flame of fire is obtained.
NIF has felicitated Ashok Thakur with An appreciation award in Seventh Biennial Award Function of National Innovation Foundation. Innovator has sold more than 3,000 number of Paddy Husk Stove.
- Weight : 4 kg
- It consists of a frustum made up of iron sheet of thickness 22 gauge and having a lot of small holes of sizes 6mm (in zig zag manner) on downward side
- Holes are provided for getting oxygen from outside which helps in complete combustion of fuel.
- Major and minor diameter of frustum is 8 inch and 4 inch respectively.
- Height of frustum is 8 inch.
- One kg paddy husk burns for an hour.
- It is a mobile chulha. Its transportation is very easy. So one can use it any where
- It uses paddy husk as a fuel which is considered useless thing after milling of paddy grain.
- This is very useful in the rice growing region.
- It has been tested by TERI University, New Delhi and found having thermal efficiency 23% in cold & hot start and 32 % during simmering.