Modified Knapsack Sprayer
Name : Mr.Mohan Muktaji Lamb
District & State : Beed, Maharashtra
Category : Agricultural (General)
Award Function : 7th National Grassroots Innovation Awards
Award Year : 2013
Price : Price: Rs. 1500 (Ex-stores+packaging). The price does not includes transportation cost, taxes etc.
Delivery Period : 15 days after placing confirmed order and full payment
The conventional knapsack sprayers have certain limitation like poor work rate, problem of blockage of the nozzle, pressure drop after short duration of use and poor pressure resulting less effect of pesticides on the pests/insects, etc. The idea of making such device came from working on the limitation of conventional knapsack sprayer thereby providing higher productivity, higher pressure, less use of pesticides and effective operation.
This is an improved knapsack sprayer which contains pressure chamber, which stores the pressure for longer time after pumping. This sprayer also contains dual nozzle boom, which covers more spraying area. The present sprayer has also provision of changing stoke length for varying the pressure and feed rate.
Innovator has been awarded in the 7th National Award Function of NIF (2013).Innovator has sold 1000 sprayers till date.
Indian Patent Filed (1669/MUM/2011)
- Tank capacity (liters): 15
- Empty weight (Kg): 6
- Pressure chamber: YES
- Working Pressure (Kg/cm²): 10
- No .of Booms: Two
- Provision of Stroke length to vary pressure & delivery rate: YES
- Pump type: Piston pump
- This is only knapsack sprayer with dual boom, pressure reservoir and provision of varying the discharge rate.
- The sprayer has the provision of fitting twin nozzles for covering dense crops employing a single person.
- It can cover 0.13 ha/h with a single nozzle and over 0.2 ha/h with double nozzles