Name : C.A.Vincent
District & State : Trichur, Kerala
Category : Consumer durables
Award : Consolation
Award Function : 5th National Grassroots Innovation Awards
Award Year : 2009
Price : Rs.15 / piece of 100 gm (ex-factory price + packaging). The price does not include transportation costs, taxes, etc.
Vincent observed many people taking bath in rivers and ponds loosing grip of their soaps, which often sink in the water. He conducted experiments in his soap manufacturing unit for about 14 years to develop this unique process of manufacturing soap that floats in water. The soap has a density of 0.878, TFM (Total Fatty Matter) is around 73 per cent, foaming stability at 0.1 cm and foaming power at 0.2 cm. Now you will not lose soap too far away, swim with it, don’t stop, if you have a floating soap.
NIF has filed a patent (2988/CHE/2008) for the technology in the innovator’s name.
Innovator observed that many people taking bath in river, ponds and even in bathrooms loosing grip of their soaps, which often sink in the water.
He developed a unique process of manufacturing soap that floats in water. It is made from the commonly available Sodium hydroxide (caustic soda) and Coconut oil / vegetable oil. While keeping the composition same, a different process is followed to make the density 0.873 g/cm3 of the components lighter than water.
Innovator has been awarded by National Innovation Foundation in 5th National Competition for Grassroots innovations.
Indian Patent Applied For (No. 2988/CHE/2008)
- It is made from the commonly available Sodium Hydroxide (caustic soda) and coconut oil / vegetable oil. While keeping the composition same, using a modified process, the density of the components is maintained at about 0.873 g/cm3 to keep the soap lighter than water. This soap is less acidic as compared to the commonly available soaps and retains the natural oils of the skin.
- Density - 0.878
- TFM - 73%
- Foaming stability - 0.1cms
- Foaming power - 0.2 cms
- This Soap's density is less than Water's Density. Hence, It Floats.
- The TFM of the soap is currently 76% making it Grade 1.
- Oval, Square & Rectangular Shaped Soaps are also available.
- This soap is less acidic as compared to the commonly available soaps and retains the natural oils of the skin.