Name : Mr. Mansukhbhai Ambabhai Jagani
District & State : Amreli, Gujarat
Category : Agricultural (General)
Award : National
Award Function : 1st National Grassroots Innovation Awards
Award Year : 2001
Price : Rs. 1,65,000 onwards (ex-factory cost) including main attachment and four different types of farming equipment’s for Shallow ploughing, Harrowing, Sowing, inter-culture operations. Note: Presently no company is manufacturing and selling diesel motorcycl
For farming operations, tractor is not an affordable option for farmers having small land holdings. Increase in the cost of fodder for bullock, regular occurrence of drought and shortage of farm labor forced the farmers of Saurashtra area of Gujarat to look for an alternative to Bullock. Inspired by a local mode of transport, the three-wheel taxi chakdo (common transport in the Saurashtra region, innovator has developed an innovative multipurpose farming machine which can do all the operations which can be carried out by a pair of bullock.
Using the self fabricated chassis, drive and power of an Enfield Bullet motorcycle in front the innovator has retrofitted an attachment with two wheels at the rear with a tool bar to fit various farm implements. The rear wheel of the motorcycle has been removed and an innovative assembly unit has been attached. It can also be designed and attached to locally available Chhakdo rickshaw or assembled vehicle having minimum 6.5 HP engine. This meets various needs such as ploughing, weeding and sowing seeds and spraying. It can improve productivity and reduce operating costs for farmers, who currently use bullock-driven plough and cannot afford the tractors or power tillers.
Innovator has been awarded National Award from NIF’s First National Competition for Grassroots Innovations and Traditional Knowledge in 2001. Innovator had visited South Africa as a part of a delegation led by SRISTI on the invitation of Commonwealth Sc
Patent Granted in India (No: 205097) and USA (No: 6854404B2)
- Can plough about two acres in 1 litre of diesel
- Can plough 8 to 12 acres in 8 hrs (1 day) depending upon the operation and type of soil.
- Distance between rear wheels can be adjusted as per crop spacing
- Provision for plough lifting mechanism & reverse gears which facilitates easier field operation
- Performs Multi farm operation: Farming, inter-culturing and sowing operation
- Smaller than the tillers and tractors, but stronger than draft animals
- Fuel efficient, sturdy, easy to handle and operate
- Easy to assemble and dismantle. (can be also used as a regular motorcycle)
- Multi farm operation: Farming, inter-culturing and sowing operation
- Because of light weight, it prevents soil compaction, can be used for orchards and plantations crops