Black peeper plucking tool
Name : Pratheesh C
District & State : Palakkad, Kerala
Category : Agricultural (General)
Award : Appreciation
Award Function : 7th National Grassroots Innovation Awards
Award Year : 2013
Price : Rs 250 (ex-factory price + packaging). The price does not include transportation costs, taxes, etc.
Delivery Period : 15 days excluding the shipping time
Usually pepper is plucked by normal nipper or manually and in this process either pepper falls down or the flowers and twains of pepper gets damaged. This innovation addresses the issue involved in plucking the Pepper.
The pepper will be trapped in the spikes/teeth of the tool and collected in the cup. The triangular shape of the cup helps in plucking the pepper without much effort.
Indian Patent filed(861/CHE/2013)
- Length of tool: 2 feet ( it could be attached with PVC or GI pipe)
- Length of cup : 4 inch
- Breadth of the cup 2.5 inch
- No of spikes or teeth : 4
- Angle of the teeth :20 degrees
- Length of teeth : 12 cm
- Weight : 120 gm ( for the cup)
- Makes plucking easy. One pepper bunch can be plucked in a second.
- The triangular shape of the cup helps in plucking the pepper without much effort.