Poultry Raking Machine
Name : Sureshbhai Narotambhai
District & State : Valsad, Gujarat
Category : Engineering
Award Function :
Award Year :
Price : Rs 25000 with motor (ex-factory price + packaging). The price does not include transportation costs, taxes, etc
Raking is necessary to keep Poultry in good health. Due to Scarcity of labour, Innovator faced problem for doing racking manually in his Poultry farm. He started thinking to mechanize it by developing a machine. After doing modifications in the 1st prototype he could develop the refined product in 2008.
It is being used for turning/disturbing the layers from bottom to top of Poultry wastes accumulated in the farm. This exposes ammonia and nitrogen to atmosphere which is present in the animal wastes. Proper racking reduces the mortality rate of chicks and also enhances the proper growth of chick by minimising the disease spread. The electrical cable is connected to the plug point for electric supply. The user holds the machine from the handle. The motor starts by turning on the power supply and it provides power to the driving shaft through belt & pulleys and chain & sprockets after net speed reduction of 1:34. The motor gives traction for propelling the machine forward. The racking is achieved by the wheels having lugs and blade.
Indian Patent Applied For (No. 595/CHE/2013)
- Motor: 1 hp single phase -1400 rpm.
- Pulley: Pulley 1 – 25 cm diameter
- Pulley 2 - 8 cm diameter
- Belt: Length – 103 cm, Width – 2 cm
- Sprocket: Sprocket 1 – 20 cm diameter
- Sprocket 2 – 6 cm diameter
- Chain: Length – 85 cm, Width – 1.5 cm
- Racking Tool: Blade made of Mild Steel, 75 cm effective widt Wheel : metallic wheels of 40 cm diameter (2 Wheels) having lu
- It can reduce over 50% of labour cost by making the racking process effective for poultry farm.
- Racking machine can cover 15,000 square feet/h by employing two people while the same done manually would take 6 hours.
- It is very useful tool in reducing the chick mortality rate and overall better up keeping of chicks growth
- There is a noticeable reduction in foul odour when raking is done using this machine, as against manual raking.